Mastering Email and Push alerts
Mastering Email and Push Notifications
Leveraging Triggered Email and Push Alerts for Important Scenarios and Customization
Email and push notifications are powerful tools for receiving timely alerts about important events within your system. In this guide, we will explore what these notifications are and how to configure them to suit your specific needs in the following key scenarios:
Inbox Update Push Notifications
Team Email Notifications for Inbox Assignments
Post Failure Email Notifications
Email Requests for Post Approval from Your Team
Email Requests for Post Approval from Clients
One-Time Queue Empty Email Notifications
Instagram Publishing Push Notifications
Let's delve into each scenario in detail:
1. Inbox Update Push Notifications
In addition to the Inbox menu's open item count, you can enable push notifications to receive alerts whenever new monitored items arrive.
To set it up:
- On Desktop: Go to the e-clincher desktop app, navigate to Inbox -> Inbox Settings -> Notifications, and configure the settings as shown below.
- On Mobile: Ensure that notifications are enabled for the e-clincher app on your mobile device. On iPhone, go to Settings -> e-clincher -> Notifications. On Android, go to Settings -> Notifications -> App notifications -> e-clincher.
2. Team Email Notifications for Inbox Assignments
If you are on a Premier or higher plan, you can involve your team in handling Inbox items. Team members can utilize filters to manage their workload and reassign items as needed. To ensure your team stays updated on incoming tasks, you can activate email notifications triggered when an item is assigned.
To set it up:
- In the e-clincher desktop app, go to Inbox and select the note you want to assign. Click the three-dot menu (...) and choose "Assign it."
- Select a team member and check the option "Send email notification."
- You can also add instructions for the assigned team member under "Add note" within the "Assign it" pop-up window.
3. Post Failure Email Notifications
Due to the intricacies of API requirements for certain social media networks and occasional connectivity issues, posts may fail to publish. e-clincher can promptly notify you via email about such failures and provide additional details to help you take appropriate action.
Here's how to enable post failure notification emails:
- In the e-clincher desktop app, click the bell icon in the upper-right part of the page, then click the three-dot icon and select "Settings."
- Find the "Post failed to publish" item and enable email notifications by clicking the mail icon.
4. Email Requests for Post Approval from Your Team
If your plan includes multiple team members, such as Premier or Agency plans, you can use email notifications to request post approvals from your team. To trigger approval email notifications:
- Select the desired posts in Publishing -> Approval List.
- Click the three-dot icon and choose "Send email to request approval."
5. Email Requests for Post Approval from Clients
With Premier and Agency plans, e-clincher provides support for "external users" who collaborate with you but don't have access to the e-clincher platform (typically your clients). You can gather their feedback and obtain post approval by sending them an email directly from the tool. All interactions and approval status will be automatically recorded in the e-clincher platform.
Here's how it works:
- Assign the desired posts to your clients by selecting items in Publishing -> Approval List and using Bulk Actions -> Assign For Approval. Check the relevant users on your approval list.
- e-clincher will generate a link for you to include in your communication with your clients.
- Copy the link and attach it to your email (or any
other communication method with your client). The link will redirect your clients to a web page displaying the approval items, where they can provide comments and approve or reject the posts. e-clincher offers a white-labeled version of the page and customization tools for branding purposes.
6. One-Time Queue Empty Email Notifications
To stay informed about your post schedule, you can set up an email alert that will be sent when the One-Time queue becomes empty.
- Go to Publishing -> Auto Post with Queues -> Settings.
- Select the one-time queue and enable the option "Send email when one-time queue is empty."
7. Instagram Publishing Push Notifications
When publishing to Instagram, you can handle the creative and approval process within e-clincher, but in some cases, you may need to complete the final steps on your mobile device. A push notification will be sent to your device at the scheduled publishing time.
- To trigger this push notification, select "Use Push Notification" in Publishing -> Publishing and Scheduling -> Edit when posting a single image to Instagram Business or the applicable option.
For further information on enabling Instagram publishing with mobile devices, you can read this helpful article: Enable Instagram Publishing with Mobile Devices.
The e-clincher Team
Updated on: 31/05/2023