How to use Bulk Upload feature (Calendar, Drafts, Post Approval, Auto Post with Queues)
Mastering the Bulk Upload Feature: A Step-by-Step Guide
The Bulk Upload feature in eClincher allows you to efficiently upload multiple posts at once, saving you time and effort. In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the different options and scenarios for using the Bulk Upload feature.
The Bulk Upload feature enables you to upload a maximum of 100 posts at once. It supports various scenarios for uploading posts:
From a CSV / XLSX File:
- Bulk Upload Posts (Scheduled posts): Posts will be directly scheduled.
- Bulk Upload Posts (Draft Posts): Posts will be added to your Draft Folder.
- Bulk Upload Posts (Approval List): Posts will be added to your Approval List.
- Bulk Upload to Approval List (Auto Post with Queues): Posts will be added to the Approval List and queued for auto-posting.
From a Folder:
- Bulk Upload to Queue - Copy and add scraped images/video from URL: This option automatically scrapes a preview image from the included URL.
- Bulk Upload to Queue - Copy post as is: Only the text will be uploaded, and no image preview will be scraped from included URLs.
- Bulk Upload Approval List - Queue posts in bulk: Posts will be added to the Approval List and queued for posting.
From an RSS Feed:
- Bulk Upload to Queue - Enter URL to create a new post.
- Bulk Upload to Queue - Enter RSS URL to create new posts.
The Bulk Upload feature can be accessed from the top-right area of your Publishing Page, under Publishing & Scheduling > Upload Posts.
How to Use the Bulk Upload Feature
Follow these steps to use the Bulk Upload feature effectively:
Open the Bulk Upload window by clicking on the Bulk Upload option.
Choose the desired scenario for your Bulk Upload.
Bulk Upload from a CSV / XLSX File
There are two formats for Bulk Upload using a CSV / XLSX file:
CSV / XLSX Bulk Upload to Calendar/Drafts/Approval List
- Column A: Enter the scheduled time for each post in the format yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm am.
- Column B: Add the content for each post.
- Column C: Paste the URL of an image for each post (ensure the URL has public view permissions).
- Column D: (Applicable to agency plans) Add a brand name.
- Column E: Add a social media channel (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn).
- Column F: Add the exact profile name.
- Column G: If using Facebook, add the group name.
- Column H: If you have multiple profiles with the same name, add the address to identify the target profile.
- Column I: (Applicable to Google My Business profiles) Add a call-to-action from a predefined list of options.
- Column J: (Applicable to Google My Business profiles) Add a call-to-action URL.
CSV / XLSX Bulk Upload to a Queue
Ensure all cells, especially the schedule, are formatted as text in this format of Bulk Upload.
If you plan to include an image URL in Column C (applies to Bulk Upload to Calendar/Drafts/Approval), use the raw image URL. Right-click on the image, open it in a new tab, and copy the raw image URL. Paste it into Column C of the CSV sheet.
Save the CSV / XLSX file, making sure to choose the appropriate file format if you have special characters or emojis.
Once the Bulk Upload is complete, you can assign profiles, queues, and make further edits to the posts as needed. Click "Save" to finalize the Bulk Upload.
Bulk Upload Images from a Folder
Save all the images you want to upload
in a single folder.
Select the "Bulk Upload to Queue" option and choose the folder where the images are saved.
The Bulk Upload sequence will follow alphabetical order based on the image file names.
Attach Images in Bulk from a Folder to Each Post
If you want to attach images to each post in bulk:
After uploading all the posts, go to the "BULK ACTIONS" dropdown menu and select "UPLOAD IMAGES - APPLY TO POSTS WITHOUT IMAGES."
Choose the folder containing the images you want to attach. The images will be attached in alphabetical order based on their file names.
This process will only attach images to posts without images. If a post already has an image or a preview image from a URL, it will be skipped.
Bulk Upload to Queue from an RSS URL
Enter the RSS URL and click "UPLOAD."
Alternatively, you can use the "Curated Atom/RSS Feeds" option to bulk upload an RSS feed.
If you have any further questions or suggestions to improve this feature, please don't hesitate to contact our 24/7 Support Team. We are dedicated to assisting you.
The eClincher Support Team
Updated on: 04/06/2023